All visitors from the UMD campus, as well as the public who plans to visit the museum, must follow health and safety policies established by the University to promote a safe and healthy environment on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per University policy, students, faculty, staff, and visitors are required to wear a mask indoors on campus premises, including at the Tweed Museum of Art, regardless of vaccination status. Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the museum for your safety.
Please follow the University’s Covid-19 Prevention and Wellbeing rules to help us keep the museum a safe place to visit.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Tweed Museum of Art, where you will discover engaging exhibitions.
- Coats: Feel free to use our new coat room downstairs. You may wear your coat in the museum, but do not carry it.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, personal gear, and bags (larger than 13"x 15") must be stored in the Coat Room. Valuables may be carried with you.
- Keep a minimum of 2 ft. between you and the art.
- No food, drinks or gum in the museum.
- No running or leaning on walls or display cases.
- Please do not touch any art objects.
- Unless otherwise indicated, photography is allowed without a flash.
- Use only pencils.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised.